Being a Christian does not give you an automatic victory but doorway to the victory that has been won for you by Christ. This victory comes when you identify your position in God and you use all the equipment available to you to chase the enemy out of your territory.
Spiritual warfare is tough but the weapons that God provides for His children are tougher. The truth is that many people will continue to have problem until they are determined to get out of their bondage and declare like Esther; “If I perish I perish.” Then the devil will know that there is problem and the challengers will know that you mean business. Do not prefer to remain in bondage to any sickness, or any unfavorable situation.
Scripture reference is taken from Exodus 15:2-10: “The Lord is my strength and song and he has become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him. The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name. Pharaoh’s chariot and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea. The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone. Thy right hand, O Lord, has become glorious in power: thy right hand, O Lord, hath dashed in pieces the enemy. And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath, which consumed them as stubble. And with the blast of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as a heap, and the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea.
The enemy said, I will pursue I will over take, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them. Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters.” And so shall your enemy sink in the mighty waters, in the name of Jesus. You may view this prayer point as aggressive which is in order, but the devil your arch enemy is aggressive himself and unkind. Or how does one explain the issue of six out of seven children in a family going insane and the only one that is not mad is using all his money to look after those who are mad.
Exodus Verses 11-15: “Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders. Thou stretchedst out thy right hand, the earth swallowed them. Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed: thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation. The people shall hear and be afraid: sorrow shall take hold on the inhabitants of Palestina. Then the dukes of Edom shall be amazed; the mighty men of Moab, trembling shall take hold upon then: all inhabitants of Canaan shall melt away.” Your enemy shall be amazed, trembling shall take hold of them and they shall be melted away, in the name of Jesus.
ExodusVerses 16-19: “Fear and dread shall fall upon them; by the greatness of thine arm they shall be as still as a stone; till thy people pass over, O Lord, till thy people pass over, which thou hast purchased. Thou shall bring them in and plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, in the place, O Lord, which thou hast made for thee to dwell in, in the sanctuary. O Lord, which thy hands have established. The Lord shall reign for ever and ever. For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the Lord brought again the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.” This is what the Bible calls the song of Moses. It is the song of victory.
One of the most interesting verses in the Bible is what we find in Revelation 12:12: “Therefore rejoice, ye heavens and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.”
If somebody is going to school and he is almost late, he would hurry up because he knows that the bell would be rung any moment. He would run with all his energy because he would not want to be late. So he becomes desperate. What the Bible is telling us is that the devil at present, is very desperate and many Christians are not helping matters at all. Such Christians tell us not to bother about the devil. They claim that if you don’t bother about him, he will leave you alone. This is a strange teaching. I told a sister to pray the following prayer point: “I bind every power of the oppressor in my life, in Jesus’ name.” She said, “No. The devil is already under my feet.” I said, “Yes, I know. But if he is under your feet, how come you are born-again, speak in tongues and you are still eating in your dream and masquerades are still running after you, yet you say devil is under your feet?” That means that you could have a weapon and not use it.
For example, if you buy a washing machine, you will find an enclosed manual to educate you about its mode of operation. It will not do you any good if you study everything written in the manual and never switch on the machine. Your clothes will remain dirty even though you have a washing machine. Many people are like that. They read the Bible, they know about sanctification, salvation, justification, redemption, baptism of the Holy Spirit, etc.
They know what the Bible says about everything but they don’t apply it. So, the Bible is meaningless to them. Therefore, to ignore the devil is like underrating him, and refusing to carry our actions that will overcome him, or what will give you your much needed victory over him. We must not glorify the devil. At the same time, we must not underrate him. So, he must be dealt with.
The fact is that the devil has convinced some people that he must be left alone and that is a clear indication that he has already captured them. The Bible says the devil has come down to the earth in great anger and who is he going to vent his anger on? Christians. Why? He is going to do that on the Christians because they are the only people whom the Lord has given the following promise as found in Luke 10:19: “Behold, I give unto you, power to tread upon serpents and scorpions and upon every power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” God did not give that promise to herbalists or to the children of the devil but to Christians.
In these last days, the devil has therefore bombarded the world with seven powerful spirits which are:
1. The spirit of confusion: There is confusion in all nations of the world including the developed ones. There is confusion too in the hearts of many Christians. Some people do not know where and when the Lord wants to use them. Many believers are lost in churches. Some people that God should have been useful in their churches to perform His wonders are busy doing menial assignments while the people they are supposed to be teaching are their pastors. You may say it is the fault of the devil and his evil spirits. But the devil cannot operate in a life except there is one form of darkness or the other. When the earth was without form and void, the first prayer that God prayed was: “Let there be light. When there is light, it is then you can see that there is disorganization, which you can then re-organize. Confusion occurs where there is darkness.
Light in itself has various levels. The candlelight for example is light. But you cannot light a candle in a stadium at night, and expect anyone to play any football match with it. Yet it is a form of light. We also have the electric light and there are different types and sizes of bulbs for electric light. Insufficient light will give the devil an opportunity to operate in people’s lives.
2. The spirit of fear: A lot of people are becoming senior students in the school of fear. Many people too have fear in all departments of their lives. Immediately you allow fear to take over your life, worry sets in. Fear rules many people’s lives.
3. The spirit of frustration: Many men and women, including the educated are frustrated. They are frustrated with almost everything. A woman who has a masters degree from a University in England got frustrated with her marriage. She went to a prophet who gave two options in order to solve her problems. He asked her to carry a small goat on her back and walk to the market place or carry a pot of sacrifice to a certain place, naked at 1a.m. She reasoned within herself that if she carried a goat on her back into the market place in the afternoon, people would think she had gone mad. So, she opted to go naked with the sacrifice at night. The day she carried the sacrifice, she had her hair well shampooed. The well-kept hair was shining but there was a black pot on it. This is the spirit of frustration. The following month, she was in the court seeking divorce. The pot of sacrifice did not work. Frustration is a spirit whose purpose is to discourage and to defeat people. It has deprived so many people of God’s will for their lives. It has killed so many people. Some people get so frustrated that they seek to take their own lives and the devil would be rejoicing.
4. The spirit of promiscuity: The spirit of promiscuity is all over the place now. A lot of men and women are so promiscuous that anywhere and at anytime, the devil can convince them to commit immorality. The devil is so happy that many people are like that. The spirit of fornication has nothing to do with beauty or ugliness. A man who has the spirit of fornication can sleep with the ugliest mad woman under the bridge and the woman with that kind of spirit does not want to know whether the man is 100 years old and she is 12 years old. This is a demon and the devil is bombarding the world with it.
5. The spirit of backsliding: A lot of Christians that were on fire for God are now cooling down. Haven’t you noticed the rate at which people’s prayer lives are going down? You must know that once the devil wants to finish a person, the first thing he attacks is the person’s prayer life? You can do all kinds of things and the devil will be watching you but immediately you get serious with your life, he becomes furious. He can steal your prayer life and once that is done, all other things collapse. He is after people’s prayer life because he cannot pray. He can read the Bible and preach the gospel but he cannot pray. So since he cannot pray, and he knows that you can pray and the prayer can defeat him, he will not allow you to pray. He does not mind to bring about some situations that can make you unhappy and heavy so that you cannot pray. Prayerlessness is the beginning of backsliding.
6. Seductive spirit: Many people are being deceived and they do not know what they are doing. I told a lady ten years ago that she needed deliverance. She said, “Our pastor says that if anyone be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things have passed away, behold all things have become new, so I don’t need deliverance.” Now she is over 42 years old and she is still single. Recently, she came and said she wanted deliverance and she started. Meanwhile, one pastor had put her life on the shelf for 10 years.
Many people are yet to realise that American demons and British demons are different from Nigerian demons. This is why most foreign books on demons brought to Nigeria are irrelevant to us. And the Christian disco too that many are dancing today does not cast out any demon. People dance to them while their problems are still increasing. When some people come to our meetings, they leave their bondage in the car, only to pick them up again when they get back inside again. This bondage is in form of colour eye pencils, lipsticks, attachments, jewellery, etc. And all the blessings they have got, they give back to their chains and their beads. They come back to the next meeting, take another round of blessings and submit them again.
They keep wondering what is wrong. This is the work of seductive spirits. You must understand this clearly. You must be able to relate your Christianity to your environment.
Seductive spirits are all over the place now. How do you explain a situation where a pastor tells a person to go and borrow money from the bank and come and pay an offering to the church from the loan that the person should exercise faith. When the Bible says, “Owe no man anything.” The person now says, “Well, that is my breakthrough,” only to come back crying to the pastor that the money is gone. It is the work of seductive spirits.
7. Spirit of rebellion: Nowadays, we find that many children do not listen to their parents. The demon of rebellion, perhaps, has boxed you into a corner. We thank God for giving us the strategy of offensive warfare to fight them. There are two kinds of battles one can fight: defensive warfare or offensive warfare.
Defensive warfare is when you just read your Psalms 23, make the sign of the cross, and say, “I cover myself with the blood of Jesus, and put myself in the envelope of fire. Amen.” And you go to bed. But somebody who says, “I command the fire of the Holy Spirit to begin to circulate around my house, and any witch that wants to pass through this place should receive spiritual calamities, in the name of Jesus.” That person is taking the offensive. He is fighting.
Any army that does not do offensive prayer cannot succeed. When you do not have the power to win, that is when you start with defensive prayer. But if you have the power to attack, then you should go to the offensive because that would make the enemy of your soul to be weak and thereby surrender. So, beloved, you must gather your forces against the enemies.
You must wear your whole armour. You must load your weapon, and fire. You may say, “Where is the gun?” But you are the gun and well targeted prayers uttered in faith are the bullets. The Spirit of God takes the bullets to the target. The man who killed Ahab in the Bible did not just fire the arrow without direction. His prayer took it to the right target. The Holy Spirit directed the stone that killed Goliath to the right place and then things began to happen.
Jesus is power personified. Power on earth and in heaven has been given unto Him. So, no power has fought against the gospel and progressed. Those who fought against Christians and the gospel died miserable deaths and the gospel they fought against is still alive and well. There was a French man called Voltaire. He boasted that he would devote all his energy to destroying every Bible in town.
He died in the process and after his death, a Christian press bought his house and they started printing Bible there. Adolf Hitler hated Christianity so much that some Christians were calling him the anti-Christ. He is dead now but his former headquarters in Berlin has become a Christian centre. Adolf Hitler had a lieutenant who said Christianity was poison and warned his wife never to allow his children partake of it.
The man had nine children, seven of them became Christians, while one of them even became a missionary.
The devil may be controlling many but the Bible says, “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof. For all things in heaven and on earth were created by Him.” We thank God for He is still the same yesterday, today and forever.
There is a sister in this fellowship. One night as she was about finishing her prayers, a Yoruba demon called “sigidi,” holding a club came to her. The sister asked, “Who do you want? And the demon idol mentioned all her five names, and said, “I have been sent to you.” The sister asked, “Why?” And the demon replied, “To kill you.” The sister then said, “I command you, in the name of Jesus to stand at attention like a policeman.”
The demon stood at attention. She went further and asked, “What is that in your hand?” The demon replied, “A club,” and the sister said, “Ok, begin to use it against yourself.” The demon started hitting itself with the club. After sometime, the sister then said, “Get out.”
By 6 a.m. the next morning, someone was knocking at her door. It was the person who came to deliver a message to her that her father had just died. She went home to see him. By the time she got there, she saw big holes on the head of the father. She asked if he was attacked by armed robbers and the relatives around said no, that he just went to bed, and suddenly they heard him scream and before they got to him, they found out that his skull had been broken with blood all over his head.
The woman said, “Please, don’t invite me to his burial.” They said, “But you are the first born.” She asked them to shut up and walked away.
When you know that your God has all the power on earth, your fears will disappear, and your problem will be solved. Perplexities will be removed, trials will become triumph and temptations will then become testimonies because for them to challenge you, they will have to first challenge that your God. God says that all power in heaven and on earth belong to Him.
This is why I love that old beautiful hymn which says, “Bruised is the serpent’s head, hell is vanquished, death is dead.” That was what happened on the cross. It goes further to say, “Captive is now captivity.” I don’t know what kind of challenges you are facing but I know one thing, whatever is challenging you, is challenging the One behind you. Just turn them over to the Lord and you will witness deliverance and miracles.
Many Christians stay too long in the past, not forgetting about those things that are behind and looking forward. Nobody can successfully walk straight while looking back. A 35 year old sister told me that her father raped her when she was ten years old. I counselled her to get out of it for she cannot ruin the whole of her life because of what happened to her 25 years ago.
One American man said, “Give me liberty or give me death.” So, you have to make the same decision to get out of bondage. Pray this prayer point: “I refuse to stay in the waste bin of life, in the name of Jesus.” Take the fight and turn it over to the Lord. We would not be reading about David in the Bible if not for the fact that he challenged one man called Goliath. He defeated Goliath because he came against Goliath in the name of the Lord of hosts. He just turned him over to the Lord.
In a church I attended a long time ago, a woman had a child that was always sick. Every month she visited the hospital at least twice and her business was going down because she spent all her money on the sickness. Then one day, she got fed up and took the child by the hand, raised him up and said, “If you want to die, die. I am not taking you to the hospital again, in the mighty name of Jesus.” And she put the child down. Since that day, the child did not have a single fever.
The devil has organized and designed many people’s lives in a wicked way. During breakfast, they drink uncooked egg, or eat some onion. Lunch, Egusi soup or nothing else. If any other thing is taken, there would be problem. For dinner, it is either pounded yam or something that is white in colour. If they try any other colour like Amala, they are dead. In some homes, when cooking is going on in the kitchen, you will hear people saying, “Ah, daddy does not eat crayfish, don’t add it. Daddy does not eat beans. He cannot eat carrot, he does not eat liver, etc.” If you are like that, decide today that you are getting out.
The devil has suffocated the spiritual lives of so many people. Doctors and herbalists have told some people not to eat certain things. The One who declared that all power has been given unto Him is saying to you that no matter the situation or what the doctors have said or what the lawyers say about your case, He will fight from heaven for you with heavenly weapons that cannot be destroyed. At His name, we shall have our peace.
For how long will you waste time crying, “Oh I have lost that job again,” my husband just abandoned me, a strange woman grabbed him.” How long are you going to be crying? God is watching all those enemies and all those problems pursuing you. He knows where and how they started. He knows all the participants, He knows how far they have gone with your case. God is now puncturing their tyres and frustrating their efforts. Pray this prayer point aggressively: “I command the tyres of my pursuer to be punctured, in the name of Jesus.”
There used to be one magician called De Lawrence. He told his followers to bury him alive and that he would resurrect like Jesus on the third day and they did. His magic was so powerful that anything he said happened. He was an expert at editing the seven books of Moses. (Moses never wrote any six or seven books. So, if you are reading them, know that they have no bearing with the kingdom of God, you are only polishing your coffin.
The earlier you set them on fire and burn them, the better for you.) While it was getting close to the third day, the ground began to shake and it was as if the man wanted to come out, but suddenly, thunder from God came, blasted him back to where he was coming from and that was his end. Why? Jesus says, “All powers belong to me.” God will not give any other being power that is equal to the power of Christ. Jesus our Lord is in heaven and I am sure that my Joseph is no more in Egypt. Intellectuals may fail, academics may stumble, as they are busy doing now. Philosophers may make mistakes but God’s word will not fail. God will never make a mistake. This is why you must not lose your contract with Jesus and if you don’t have the contract get it now. Your contract with Jesus is your salvation. Salvation is the only commodity in life which has no substitute.
Beloved, there are many laws that have been written down through the ages: Natural law, scientific law, economic law, etc. But there is however a divine law, to which we are pointing the attention of our enemies. When a weaker power meets with a stronger power, the weaker power vanishes. Perhaps you have not yet surrendered your life unto Jesus. You are not born again.
You cannot fire any successful arrow at the enemy. Instead, the enemy will be stronger against you. But if you want to succeed in your journey of life, the first step is to get born again and surrender your life to Jesus. I am not talking about being confirmed or baptised with water. Are you born again? Have you publicly surrendered unto Jesus? If you have not done so, you have to do so now.
1. I am getting out of all negative circumstances, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every power working against my advancement, receive the arrow of fire, in the name of Jesus.
3. Every power working against the peace of my life, receive the arrow of fire, in Jesus’ name.
4. You strongman attached to my family, receive the arrow of fire, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every household wickedness, receive the arrow of fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every spirit of financial failure, receive the arrow of fire, in the name of Jesus.
7. (Put one hand on your chest and the other one on the stomach). Lord, touch my system with your fire, in the name of Jesus.
8. (Retain your hands on your chest and your stomach) Lord Jesus, touch the foundation of my life with your fire, in the name of Jesus.
9. I clear away the hidden places of the enemy in my life, in the name of Jesus.
10. Let my breakthrough manifest powerfully this year, in the name of Jesus.
11. Any power hindering my breakthrough this year, receive the arrow of fire, in the name of Jesus.
12. All good ways that have been closed in my life, open, in the name of Jesus.
13. As you mention one situation, shout: receive the arrow of fire, in the name of Jesus, three times:
– Every anti-progress spirit.
– All the powers revealing my secrets to the enemy.
– Every evil friend that has been sent into my business.
– Every unprofitable attachment to my prayer life.
– Every power blocking the anointing of God in my life.
– Every serpentine spirit.
– All satanic attackers in the dream.
– Every spirit of demotion.
14. I send every bondage back to the sender, in Jesus’ name.